As I sit in this wonderful hotel lobby by the beach, I thought to myself how great it is to have a business where I can work online or work from home. Then I started thinking of the many obstacles and challenges we faced in building our virtual business and how we overcame them.
That is why I am asking you the question “Do you have a big enough REASON to work from home?”. We call it THE WHY. Do you have a big enough WHY. Others call it your goals or dreams, etc.
Isn’t it funny, we have goals for just about everything. If we have a meeting / deadline, if we are going on vacation, if we are having a party – whatever it may be we have goals and desired outcomes attached to those goals. BUT when it comes to our life course – we think “Ahh that’s mumbo jumbo”.
I would have to say that if you are sitting there researching, trying to write a business plan or figure out how to start working online in your own business, and you have not written down your WHY yet – you have missed the most important step.
I know this because our business suffers when I am not clear on what I want. I have had times of slow and fast growth, and every time it was affected by my WHY.
The biggest goals you can have are often intangible. So instead of writing down “I want to earn and extra $80K per year, which can sometimes be a bit daunting when we read it, why not get pictures of what that $80K represents. It might be :
- Spending more time with family
- Looking after your parents in their old age
- Travelling with your partner
- Doing some volunteer work in your community
- Having time to do that thing you always wanted to do like play guitar or learn to draw
Why is this WHY so important?
It is because, it will be the driving force to help you overcome the obstacles you will face. Your why will give you the courage to push through and make that call, or send that email. Most importantly, the WHY will get your creativity flowing, and will motivate you in the face of fear.
So your challenge for this week, and this is my challenge too because I am needing to refresh my WHY is:
- Find 5-10 pictures that represent in your mind what your online work from home business could provide for you.
- Put them on a wall where you will see them regularly
- Take some time out everyday not just to glance at those pictures but to think about them
Get into the conversation, let me know how you go with it by commenting below