If you want to have a successful work-from-home business you need to be setting goals. If you need to get somewhere you plot out the way before you head off to make sure you don’t get lost. Your business and life are the same. You have to know where you’re going so you can get there.
Most people wanting to start working from home, or wanting to start a new virtual assistant business are wanting to do so because they are looking for a certain lifestyle. What about you? Do you want to travel and work at the same time? Do you want the freedom to be home for your kids, while still earning an income? Is it just that you’re sick of working for someone else?
Whatever your reason is for wanting to work from home there are some things you need to do to make sure it’s not just a dream. To actually make it happen you need to plan, prepare, get good advice and set goals.
Setting Goals For Your Work From Home Business and Lifestyle
If you’re planning to start-up a new virtual assistant business that supports you’re lifestyle, setting your goals is one of the most important things you’ll do to make it a success. I’m talking about $$$ goals and MORE.
I’m talking lifestyle, relationship, health etc. You need to have balance in your life to be truly content – so when you’re setting goals make sure you’ve got the important stuff covered like family and your wellbeing.
As a start (and especially if you’re new to Goal Setting) I’m suggesting 4 key areas to focus on. I base these on what learnt from Glenn Bland’s book – “The Method of Success”. This book is on my top 10 list of reads. And although I’ve adjusted the goal categories to suit my own language and life – the principles are the same. Here they are:
- Spiritual and Emotional Well-being Goals
- Health and Recreation Goals
- Business and Financial Goals
- Educational and Personal Development Goals
So let me ask you a few questions?
How much money do you want to earn from your work-from-home business?Do you want to work full-time, part-time? What will you need to invest in your business to make it a success?
What will you do to keep your body vitalised and your health in check? Do you have an exercise routine? (you’ll need one if you’re working from home)
What can you do to make sure you know enough about the virtual industry to ensure consistent profit? What training is available to you to continue your development?
Goal Setting Plan To Get You Started
Here’s a plan to get you started …
- Get a book, pad, journal or diary. Mark it – “My Work From Home Plan”
- Section a page into 4 quarters so that you have four boxes on your page.
- In each box place the following words:
- Spiritual & Emotional Wellbeing Goals
- Health & Recreation Goals
- Business & Financial Goals
- Educational & Personal Development Goals
- Under each category write down 3 things you would like to achieve in each of these areas of your life.
- Beside each item add a realistic and achievable time-frame.
- Under each item write an additional 3 things you need to do to achieve that goal – be sure to add a date to that also.
Use these questions and of course add your own. This will help you start mapping out your work from home lifestyle plan.
Then once you’ve got your basics sorted, you’ll be ready to move on to the business planning part of your virtual assistant or work from home business.
Sign Up for more virtual assistant biz tips and training notifications here: