Are you an online marketing entrepreneur? Do you run an online small business? Do you have a team of loyal virtual assistants working with you? OR perhaps you don’t just yet have a team, but the idea of having the support appeals to you?
Then…you NEED to read this. Why? Because IF you manage your virtual team the right way, and if you take care of your virtual team properly, it will mean your freedom, your security and your success. If you can keep your team excited about your business, then your business will not only continue to grow, but it will continue to grow the easiest way possible.
If you’re too busy to bother with your team and all this virtual team building “nonsense”, and feel you don’t have time to read the entire article, I highly recommend you skip straight to the 3 action points at the bottom. You’re going to need them!
Here are three ways you can do it…Starting TODAY.
Communicate with Your Team…Especially if they work for you virtually!
“Out of sight, out of mind” – don’t make it your saying.
You need to make an extra effort to invite two-way communication with your team. Especially since you may not see them face-to-face every day. Here’s some ways you can do it
- Set up laser meetings where your team can ask you questions or you can ask them questions. Depending on your business it might be a set time twice a week via Skype. Ask your team member to be prepared with their questions in advance and keep to the allocated timeslot. This can be fun!
- Set up a weekly or monthly team meeting to share your vision and how each team member will be able to contribute to the vision. Use an agenda and make sure actions are followed-up.
- Reply to their emails. If you don’t reply to your team emails you’re sending the message that what they are doing isn’t important. Ask yourself, is it important? If it isn’t, then they shouldn’t be doing it in the first place. If it is important, then do yourself a favour and answer the darn thing!
Reward Your Virtual Team
Give your most valued team members a money bonus. You’re Kidding Yourself if you think money isn’t important. If you want to keep your star virtual assistant or online business manager. I’ll give you a big hint. MONEY TALKS.
A random bonus means a lot, and where used properly a promised performance reward will keep your team right on track to ensure YOUR success!
Send a gift. There are dozens of online gift shops. No matter where you are in the world, or where your assistant is. For a small investment you can make a big BIG impact that will give you a BIG return. Flowers, wine, chocolate. Try it and you’ll see what I mean.
Recognize Your Team for their Great Work!
When the project is over and you’re sitting pretty with $$ in the bank. Remember the well-oiled machine that made it happen for YOU. Shout out to the world what a wonderful team you have and what a wonderful support they are to you.
Be sure to recognize INDIVIDUALS. Don’t send out a “blanket” email thanking everyone. It will MEAN nothing. Mention someone by name and they’ll be loyal for life.
Send random thank you notes and tell them WHY you want to recognize their loyal hardworking efforts.
That sounds nice sure! But now it’s time to take ACTION. Here are three things you can do today:
- Reply to an email you have received from your team. Don’t just read the first line and send a lame ½ hearted reply. Actually read it! Then take the time to answer ALL the questions asked. Remember to finish with a thank you.
- Think of one member on your team you feel you couldn’t live without. It might be your personal assistant. Send a random thank you card or gift to them.
- Make a post on facebook, publicly recognising a member of your team who has done great work. Tell the world what they did for you and why they are so valued.
Seriously, how hard it is. Just do those 3 actions today and I assure you, you’ll feel your entire team lift and rise to your success.
Taste and you will see!